- Approval indicates the time at which the order is approved for production and not from when the order is placed.
- Delivery times are all unless specified otherwise:
- Orders approved after 13h00 each working day, will only be processed the following working day and hence the production days must be calculated accordingly.
- Laser printed orders will be completed within 24hrs of approval, including all Express Jobs.
- Digital printing including vehicle magnetics / banners / full colour stickers / posters, will be completed within 3 to 5 working days.
- All printing products will be completed in 5 to 7 working days.
- Basic Signs & Displays will be completed within 5 to 7 working days.
- Fabricated signs / LED’s / Cut out Letters / Neon signage / Lightboxes etc. will be completed within 10 to 14 working days.
- Delivery times are a base indication and in all possible and reasonable effort will be kept, however, delays may occur that are out of the company’s control and hence delivery times may need to be extended. This includes but is not limited to: material shortages, supplier delays, external contractors or riggers, material defects, un-favourable weather conditions or conditions considered to be dangerous to work under, labour unrest or striking, courier service delays, uncommon materials,
- On any order or product requiring installation, installation is not included in the prescribed delivery times and will occur at the first available time for scheduling that is available from the installation team.
- All installations quoted, are up to a maximum of 8 meters from ground level. Should the installation exceed this height the client will be liable for additional costs due to rigging or crane, cherry picker, scissor hoists, ski-jacks etc.
- The client accepts and agrees that once an installation date has been set, the client or authorised representative must be available to grant any of the company’s employee’s access to the site/premises to complete any work required at the time and place agreed. Failure to grant/gain access will subject the client to an additional callout fee as well as re-scheduling of the work to be done, of which no guarantee of date will be available.
- On request the client is to supply a point of electrical connection for any tools needed to be used by the company. Should an electrical point not be available, this must be made known to the company before any installation arrangements are finalised. For signage installations that require electrical connections, the client must ensure that a connection is available. The company will also, on request supply the client with a fireman’s switch, but all connections to the building primary wiring, must be completed by a qualified electrician. The company is prohibited by law to complete such connections.
- The client shall be responsible for obtaining the permission of the owner of the premises and any municipal or other authority that may from time to time be required for the installation of the signage, and undertakes to comply at all times with the relevant statutory regulation, ordinances and by-laws in force. Should the client require assistance in obtaining any approvals, the company on written request, will complete any applications on behalf of the client.
- Supplied artwork is deemed to be “print-ready” according to the companies various design templates and international CMYK colour standards. This includes any black to be a compilation of black where black is = 100% K only or shading of black as a percentage = 1-99% K. Registration black printing cannot be guaranteed 100%.
- Supplied artwork is not subject to any changes or editing by the company. Changes or editing will be billed as necessary for the work to be done.
- It is recommended that all artwork be in vector format, but specifically for any cutting / machining, vector artwork is essential.
- Only CDR19, PDF, PSD, JPG files are accepted as appropriate supplied artwork, any other formats will first be evaluated before acceptance and conversion fees will be applicable.
- Supplied artwork must include a 5mm bleed all around withoutany crop marks.
- The company takes no responsibility whatsoever for supplied artworks final colours, quality or trimming.
- Proofs, Proofing & Artwork Approvals
- Proofs are very important documents to be examined closely by the client.
- Correctness of all information on the artwork proofs lies solely with the client, and any work produced after the clients have accepted the proofs supplied will incur no liability against the company, irrespective of the degree of error. The client is responsible to ensure that all information is 100% correct. Should the client be uncertain, no assumptions can be accepted by the company and final products are hence deemed as completed correctly.
- Signature and/or acceptance of the artwork deems the finalization and binding of the order. Only signed artwork proofs, faxed or emailed acceptance is regarded as acceptable by the company. No telephonic approvals can be accepted whatsoever.
- Any changes to artwork proofs will be subject to additional proofing, no changes and acceptance can be accepted simultaneously.
- The company will not be liable for incorrect work being produced after the proofs have been approved, even if samples are supplied. All order information is accepted correct once artwork is approved for production.
- Unless specifically stated, proofs are not to scale, and represent mere interpretation of the order. The finished product may differ from proofs to accommodate the various processes used.
- Colour variations are un-avoidable in the advertising industry. It will be at the sole discretion of the company, to deem the acceptability of finished products. The company will however do all that is possible to meet the quality requirements of the customer.
- The company reserves the right to add a company imprint (consisting of company name and telephone number) onto all products in a discreet and acceptable format.
- The company will not be liable for any/all copyright infringements, as well as the use of any un-wholesome text or images, and the customer accepts any/all liability in this regard, and no prejudice against the company can be accepted. In such cases the client shall submit to the company in writing a statement of relinquishment of all liability.
Acceptance of Orders
- Only signed quotations or e-mailed quotation approvals may be accepted. No verbal/telephonic orders may be accepted whatsoever.
- Once a quotation has been accepted by signing or e-mailed approval, the order is considered firm and the client agrees and accepts the company’s pricing and terms and conditions.
- A minimum cash-in-hand order value of R 50.00 is applicable with no invoice being issued.
- A minimum order value of R 1000.00 + Vat is applicable for any order that requires an invoice.
- Quotations are valid for 30 days unless stated otherwise.
- All prices quoted individually are quoted excluding VAT.
- Responsibility is vested in the client that the products and product specifications quoted, are indeed correct according to requirements and no liability whatsoever will be granted by the supplier should the order be rejected due to incorrect materials/specifications.
- Order Deposits & Balance Payments (Excluding VIP/Account Clients)
- Cheque & Cash Deposits directly made into the company’s bank account will be levied with the bank fees charged accordingly.
- Cheques will not be accepted.
- Cash In-Hand, EFT’s & Debit / Credit Cards Are Accepted.
- All balance payments must be made before products may be released when collected by the client or on completion of any installation that must be done. Proof of payment is required before either above instances can be deemed as an order settlement.
- Any order exceeding R 5 000.00 including VAT requires a 75% deposit.
- Any order that holds a value of less than R 5000.00 including vat, must be paid in full on placement of the order.
- Any payment made is only accepted paid once cleared in the company’s bank account.
- The clients deposit will automatically indicate the client’s acceptance of the company’s terms and conditions.
- In cases where part order is collected or installed, payment for the particular item must be made before the product can be released.
- Invoices not settled by the agreed date will incur interest at a rate of 24% per annum, capitalized monthly based on the balance of the account.
- Any issues or problems arising after installation or delivery of products, does not entitle the client to withhold payment for whatsoever reason. The company will endeavour to correct any problems as efficiently as possible, but clients will remain liable for full settlement of outstanding monies
- Accounts in arrears for 2 months or longer shall be handed over for debt collection. All additional costs incurred will be added for the clients account.
This quotation is valid for a period of 30 (thirty) days from the date of this quotation.
A deposit of 75% is required with the placing of the order. The balance must be paid on completion of installation and/or collection.
Normal lead time approximately 4 – 6 weeks from signed order, subject to the scope of work and all relevant information pertaining to the contract being received with the order. Cognizance must be taken of the fact that inclement weather and Force Majeure may have a bearing on the manufacture and installation date.
10.1 Installation at a fixed site
10.2 Where installation is required pursuant to the contract, Boldmedia Signage shall install the goods on the terms and conditions set out in this Clause and the contract generally.
10.3 Boldmedia Signage is not responsible for any delay in installation directly or indirectly arising out of the actions or omissions of the customer (including any employee, officer or contractor of the customer) or any third party.
10.4 The customer shall: –
10.4.1 Make any necessary agreement with relevant regulatory, governmental or other authorities or other relevant third parties and obtain any consent or authorisation required in respect of the installation;
10.4.2 Provide any information Boldmedia Signage may reasonably require in connection with the installation;
10.4.3 Pay for any relevant approval or permission;
10.4.4 Meet the requirements of any of these authorities at all times to maintain their approval;
10.4.5 Tell Boldmedia Signage if any information the customer has given to Apex Signage changes; and
10.4.6 If any approval, consent or authorisation is amended or ends, the customer must advise Apex Signage in writing as soon as the customer learns of any amened or terminated approval, consent or authorisation.
10.5 The customer must during installation: –
10.5.1 Give Boldmedia Signage access to the premises so that Boldmedia Signage may perform the installation and provide all such assistance as may be reasonably requested by Boldmedia Signage promptly and without cost to Boldmedia Signage. The customer shall move any materials, and other objects obstructing or preventing installation in advance of the agreed installation date;
10.5.2 Use best efforts to make sure that the premises and any equipment provided are safe and without risk for Boldmedia Signage employees and agents. The customer must tell the Boldmedia Signage the location of any concealed pipes and wires which may affect the installation and about any known risks and any hazardous materials at the premises, provided that Boldmedia Signage may decline to carry out the installation if it considers that the installation in accordance with the customer’s instructions nevertheless presents a risk to Boldmedia Signage employees and agents (without prejudice to any remedy that Boldmedia Signage may have in this regard).
10.5.3 The customer warrants that they have unencumbered title to any materials (such as old signs) to be removed from any location at which goods are delivered or to be installed, and that the customer is properly authorised to dispose of them without the consent of any third party. The customer also warrants that said materials are safe to remove, that are not contaminated or contain dangerous components.
10.5.4 Provide information about the customer, the premises and any other relevant information so that Boldmedia Signage can perform the installation. The customer must write to Boldmedia Signage to tell them of any changes to this information;
10.5.5 Ensure that Boldmedia Signage staff and contractors have adequate welfare facilities (toilet and washing facilities).
10.6 References in these conditions to the goods shall (unless the contract otherwise requires and include where relevant and applicable) reference to the installation and the relevant provisions of the Agreement shall accordingly apply once the necessary changes having been made to the installation.
To the extent permitted by law, these Terms, and the provision of our Services, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with South African law, and any dispute arising out of these Terms and/or our Services shall be submitted to the competent South African courts having the requisite jurisdiction to hear the matter.
If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these Terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure by Billboards Africa to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and/or any other agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as a waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms or of any agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision.
Cancellation of Orders
- No cancellation will be accepted after 50% of the work has been supplied or installed. Any Work completed or materials ordered will first be deducted from the total order and are payable in full.
- If a client cancels an order after design work has been completed, the client will be liable to pay all design fees + a R550.00 administration fee. If a client places any order and any materials are already ordered, the client will be liable to pay the value of the materials already purchases + R 2000.00 administration fee etc. IF a client places an order for Office signage valued at R20k, then cancels after design, materials, cutting etc, the client is liable to pay 100% of the full order.
- Ownership of any/all products will unconditionally remain the property of the company until payment has been made in full and is reflected in the company’s bank account.
- Liability of products supplied by the company to the client shall automatically shift accordingly :
- on delivery of any products or materials to the site or premises where installation will be done.
- The client hereby acknowledges and accepts that immediately on occurrence of either of the above, the client will remain liable for all monies due to the company, even in such instances that the order/products are damaged or destroyed due to including but not limited to any third party, vandalism, uncontrollable events or any unforeseen instances.
Returns & Warranty
- No products may be returned after 24 hours of either collection of products or notification that products are ready for collection. No exceptions.
- Any problems or defect with products must be made known to the sales consultant or operations manager or point of contact in writing within this period. Failure to comply will result in the clients’ forfeit of any warranty claim against the company.
- General signage, including digital prints, holds a 12 month warranty.
- Electrical components, hold a 12 month supplier warranty, but are subject to prior fault evaluation.
- The company’s warranty excludes any:
- Tampering, theft. or damage or work carried out by a third party / contractor.
- Use of products in the in-correct way or non intended purpose.
- Any testing or forcing of products outside of their intended purpose.
- Any damage due to clients’ choice of materials when recommended otherwise by the company.
- Any error in the clients choice or decision of size, materials etc.
- Any un-controllable event, including but not limited to, acts of God which include heavy rain, strong winds or any other type of extreme weather condition.
- Workmanship has an unlimited guarantee.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to return any products to the company’s offices for evaluation of any disputes arising and a judgement to be made.
SITE AND INSTALLATION
The client assumes the responsibility of all signage, materials as soon as they get on site. It is the client’s duty to access any security risk all signage supplied by Boldmedia Signage and its suppliers or subsidiaries.
The client shall provide plans or should request plans for any signage, billboards or any other hoarding signage.
The client should provide electricity on-site unless it was charged in the quotation that Boldmedia Signage will bring a generator.
If Boldmedia Signage is working on a third-party site, the client should liaise with their client about the security of any signage and material to be brought to the said site.
The security of our staff, vehicles, and the material becomes the responsibility of the client and any other parties involved or who owns the site or property where the work or installation will be undertaken.
The client cannot cancel any order 50% done or more. Cancellation means the client will pay in full any other monies owed to Boldmedia Signage. This because Boldmedi Buys all job materials on service commissioning.
It is the client’s duty or obligation to request our terms and conditions.
By commissioning Boldmedia Signage to do any job, meaning the client has read our terms and conditions which are binding in any court of law in South Africa or any country where the installation or the service is required.
10.7 Vehicle Wrap Installation
10.7.1 It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure vehicle suitability and that the existing surface to be vinyl wrapped are clean, dry and free from grease, dirt, wax, oil, and free from any existing graphics and decals upon delivery to Boldmedia Signage premises. An exterior vehicle detailing charge will be applied in addition to the installation fee when, in the opinion of Boldmedia Signage, any vehicle is not in a satisfactory condition suitable for a quality wrap installation.
10.7.2 Boldmedia Signage vehicle preparation does not include paint chip repairs or the removal of dents, scrapes and paintwork scuffs.
10.7.3 Should badges need to be removed Boldmedia Signage will at all times use the very best care. Any resulting damage to the badge or marks on the paintwork surface may require remedial work when the Signage is removed at a later date
Boldmedia Signage holds no liability for any future remedial work following removal of the badge.
10.7.4 In the event that a customer requests that Boldmedia Signage remove a pre-installed vinyl wrap, applied by a company other than Boldmedia Signage, Boldmedia Signage will make every effort to remove the existing vinyl, but will not be held responsible for any damage they may occur to the vehicle surface during the wrap removal.
10.7.5 Boldmedia Signage prefers to use our premises for installation. If the customer elects to have vinyl wrap installation performed at non Boldmedia Signage premises, Boldmedia Signage will not be held liable for any issues related to improper installation conditions.
10.7.6 Vehicle delivery to and retrieval from an appointed installation premises is the customers responsibility and must be undertaken in good time what advised by Boldmedia Signage.
10.7.7 All applied vinyl wrap remains the property of Boldmedia Signage until paid for in full. Pending payment for goods supplied, the customer holds the goods as the property of Boldmedia Signage and the goods must be kept identified as belonging Boldmedia Signage. In the event that the customer fails to make payment, the customer irrevocably authorizes Boldmedia Signage to remove the vinyl wrap.
10.7.8 Vehicles Storage Fee: Vehicles or trailers left at Boldmedia Signage premises will be charged a daily storage fee. Fee will be assessed three days after the installation has been completed. Vehicle or trailers left at Boldmedia Signage premises in excess of thirty days will be subject to a lien sale.
REFUNDS ARE MADE ONCE A WEEK, AND THEY ONLY GRANTED IF BOLDMEDIA SIGNAGE WAS GIVEN A CHANCE TO EXPLORE ALL POSSIBLE METHODS FOR SUPPLYING OR PRINTING A PRODUCT ARE EXHAUSTED. PAYMENTS ARE DONE EVERY THURSDAY. INCASE OF ANY REFUNDS, ALL SET UP, COLLECTION OR DELIVERY OR ANY MEETING OUTSIDE THE OFFICE ARE CHARGED FOR. DELIVERY AND COLLECTIONS COST RR500 AN HOUR. DTG SET UP R900. SCREEN PRINTING 2 COLOUR R900, 3 COLOUR R1500, 4 COLOUR R2000, 56 COLOUR R3000.
BOLDMEDIA IS A LAST MINUTE PRINTING COMPANY WITH 96 PERCENT SUCCESS RATE,. OUR PRICING ARE NOT FOR NORMAL PRINTING COMPANY, RATHER FOR RUSH PRINTING WHEN YOU NEED THE PRODUCT AS MUCH AS YOU NEED TO BREADTH
Boldmedia Signage will not refund any job where materials have been procured. The client is obliged to pay the full cost of service or product that is custom made or designed. We believe business is continual negotiation, and we are committed to that as a company.
ANNUAL FACTORY SHUT DOWN
Please take note that our factory shut down occurs from +- 15 December to +- 20 January annually. Orders for delivery in the current year will close towards mid-November. The specific date for the closing of the order book will be communicated to all our clients in advance. Orders received after the close off date will be for delivery in the New Year.
In the event of delays due to the proposed site not being ready for signage installation, Boldmedia Signage reserves the right to invoice an additional 15% of the invoice amount over the 75% deposit paid. The client will retain the outstanding 10% until the final completion of the signage installation.
ACCESS TO SITE
It is the responsibility of the client or appointed site project manager to ensure that our installers have access to the site once we have notified you of our onsite start date. Should access to the site be denied the installers downtime and travel will be charged to the client.
The price is inclusive of installation up to and including 6000mm from the ground level. Over and above this will have to be quoted site-specific. replacement in respect of electrical components shall be undertaken within a period of 6 months.
Should there be any snags after the installation of the signage, we need to be notified within 24 hours. Snags do not entitle the client to withhold payment which is due on completion of the installation.
The price is inclusive of installation up to and including 6000mm from the ground level. Over and above this will have to be quoted site specific.
It is the client’s responsibility and cost to provide primary wiring leading the electrical current to the sign and the final connection between the signage and the primary wiring.
It is the client’s responsibility and cost to provide a fireman’s switch for all neon illuminated signage. This is also a ,by law.
The quotation is inclusive of digging for foundations required for monolith and related signage assuming normal soil conditions are presented on commencing digging. However we reserve the right to use specialized equipment to excavate rock or similar obstacles should this be deemed necessary. This will be for the client’s account.
It is the client’s responsibility and cost to provide a fireman’s switch for all neon illuminated signage. This is also a , requirement by law., mains the responsibility of the client to get professional paving contractors to re-install any lifted paving.
The Client Shall be responsible for obtaining the permission of the owner of the premises and any municipal or other authority that may from time to time be required for the of the signage, and undertakes to comply at all times with the relevant statutory regulation, ordinances and by-laws in force.
Shall without assuming any liability toward the client and without prejudice to its rights assist the client in providing the necessary documents pertaining to the Council’s approval.
Please note that all the development and artwork for this project has been done by Boldmedia Signage and thus remains the property of Boldmedia Signage. Such artwork may not be used without a written consent from Boldmedia Signage.
Interest will be levied on all outstanding amounts/balances at the prime rate, plus 2%.
COUNCIL APPROVAL The Client and any surety for the client) understands that the personal information given herein is to be used by Boldmedia Signage for the purposes of assessing the client’s credit worthiness. The client confirms that the information given by the client is accurate and complete.
- b) Boldmedia Signage has the client’s consent and authority at all times to contact and request information from any persons, credit bureaus or businesses that it chooses to obtain any information relevant to the client’s credit assessment including but not limited to, information regarding the amounts purchased from suppliers per month, length of time the customer has dealt with such supplier, type of goods or services purchased and manner and time of payment.
- c) The client (and any surety for the client) hereby irrevocably indemnify Boldmedia Signage for any claim whatsoever against Boldmedia Signage arising out of the National Credit Act of 2005.
ACCEPTANCE OF BOLDMEDIA'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The client’s deposit/payment will automatically indicate the client’s acceptance of our terms and conditions as well as any drawing/sketches/artwork that have been provided by Boldmedia Signage